Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2017

America from Babylon to Sodom


America the New Babylon, and On and On and On

     While sitting and watching CNN it hit me that America has hit a new phase in history. Unfortunately we have reached a new low, which seems to be the direction the country is headed. While there may have been hope things would change when the President Elect won the election, but so far his diplomacy by insult has only intensified.

     Having been self-employed most of my working life except the thirteen years I spent in the Army at the start, which I left because of my refusal to compromise my views on a matter of truth. The system is fine as long as you go along with it, but when you are unwilling to compromise, conflict is inevitable.  My career came to a point where my superiors were determined to kick a black-man in my section out of the Army.  I had no problem with doing that, several men in my section had been kicked out over the years, black, white and Hispanic. But it was based on the truth and their record. In this particular instance my superiors were determined to frame the person and lie to do so. The problem was it would require me to lie also. The person involved had already been warned by me that he was on thin ice and that if I caught him doing drugs he was gone.  Other than that issue he was an awesome soldier. My superiors violated several military rules to set him up, but they justified it because of something they thought he did. Not something they could prove. I was willing to wait till I legally caught him and sooner or later I would.  They went ahead with the Court Martial and denied me the right to testify because they knew I would not lie for them. After the trial I was called in as a character witness and had an interesting learning experience. The Major had already found the man guilty based on the evidence presented.  In the course of our conversation he asked me a number of questions knowing I was in the man’s chain of command and why I was not allowed to talk at the trial. After we were done he told me he knew I was telling the truth. I asked how and he said my story made since out of all their stories, so it had to be the truth.  Instead of kicking the man out he decided to fine him $25 and drop all the other punishments. My leaders were furious. Before I left country a few months later they gave me two efficiency reports at 29 points.  I had guys I kicked out that I gave 70’s and 80’s, based on the point scoring system.  To be considered for a promotion in my grade and field required an average score of 110. The irony was that they had promoted me to staff sergeant E-6 in the middle of the same period they gave me the rating for.

     Later when I decided I had had it with the Army I used those two efficiency reports to justify volunteering for discharge under the Qualitative Management System.  Having worked part time as a legal clerk based on my having taken typing in high school, I typed and submitted the paperwork on my own. Ninety days later I was a free man.  So the Truth really did set me free. Knowing that simple truth has allowed me to do things that I never before thought I would be able to do.

    Because of the experience I had in my life I have learned that John 8: 32 is based on Biblical fact. There are many truths that can help us understand the events in our lives especially when we our trying to discern the proper path to follow. Jeremiah 17:5 says we are cursed if we put our trust in any man. We are supposed to trust God and His Word. His Word says “You reap what you sow.” When we ignore God’s Word we are about to have a bad harvest.  As the elections rolled along I began to see a sign.  The babbling went on and on. Both sides saying whatever they thought might get them a vote. The Truth was a totally irrelevant matter.

    The Bible also says, “a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.”  The candidates changed their mind and attitude depending on the audience they were in front of. In Proverbs 6, it says there are seven things God hates.

    16These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:  17A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,  18An heart that devises wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19A false witness that speaks lies, and he that sows discord among brethren.

I could almost say this is the campaign manual for Donald Trump’s campaign.  He is pretty well seven for seven on what God hates. Not to judge Trump but I know these things are not something I am looking for in a leader.  Especially in view of the fact that the Bible also say that pride goes before the fall. A few verses before the part in Red it gives a fairly severe warning that fairly well describes America today.

      
6Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: 7Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, 8Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathers her food in the harvest. 9How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? 10Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: 11So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
12A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth. 13He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers; 14Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.  15Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.

    What really amazes me is the Christian leadership in America turned a blind eye to Trump’s actions and words and said at least he is better than Hillary. While I agree with those people I find it hard to believe that Americans could vote for either candidate and the outcome of the election made it clear that majority does not rule in America and as long as the Electoral College exists the will of the people can be thwarted.  People say the little states won’t have a chance. They won’t if they don’t elect Senators who will vote their will.  That is where the balance comes from in our political system.  Doing away with the Electoral College will make it easier for third party candidates to get involved and make a difference. It may have been necessary when it took weeks to cross the country, but that is not the case today. It is time to amend the system.

    It is also time to rein in the Supreme Court and reduce it back to the seven it was before FDR expanded it to nine justices to push through legislation that he wanted to pass.  That can be done by reducing the court through attrition.  Also judges should be forced to retire at seventy-five so that the court stays functional.  They can start the process by removing Clarence Thomas for failing to recuse himself in the Monsanto hearings and then making the decision in favor of his former employer.  All the decisions and judgements in the cases affected by his judgment should be nullified and set aside.  The destruction of the honey bee and the potential devastation it is causing are directly related to those decisions.

   The Bible says “My people are destroyed for a lack of Knowledge” notice he did not say lost or sinners. He said His People.  As America moves from Babylon to Sodom it apparent that we are entering a time that the Bible warns us is coming.

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,  The just shall live by faith. 18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.  20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:  21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.  26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;   29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:  32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.


    Sounds a little like the world we are living in today. We can’t escape it, but we do not have to promote or be part of it. We need to look at the world around us and set our hearts, minds and lives on being what God called us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment