Search This Blog

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Top 40 Trucking Stories For Those Who Do





                  Trucking Stories for Those Who Do


     Over the last couple months I have been pulling and posting some of my trucking stories for those who drive. While a few are not straight up trucking stories they all came from my trucking experiences in life. I decided to do something a little different. It is my intention in the near future if I live long enough, to write a book on trucking and how the Lord got me through it all. My writing has definitely improved from when I started seven years ago. That can easily be seen by reading some of my first stories.  Over time I have posted almost 260 blog posts and I dug 40 of the better trucking and faith based ones out and put them in a paper so I can go down the list and update and edit them for publication. I published them here as is with links.

     It is my goal later to travel around and meet truckers and compile a bunch of stories from a trucker’s points of view. I would like stories that are faith based or can save others from making some of the mistakes we made getting to where we are at in life. If you have one you would like to share send me and e-mail and let me know what it is about.

    The stories listed here have not been corrected or edited yet.  They are just as I wrote them over the years.  It is roughly 150 written pages so it is going to take me some time to get them all done. I invite you to share them with your friends and give me feedback about what you like or don’t like about them. Eventually I hope to have the links with them all when done. For now the original date is included so you can go to the year and month on my sidebar and find the story you might be interested in. The ones with the lower numbers were mostly from before I started getting readers.

     Hope you enjoy them. I am working on getting them in a format where I can share them on a CD, thumb drive or some other format that I can do for free. If I do make a book it will be at cost. I am not interested in making a profit I got that when I lived the experience. The story "Sometimes Following, Means Waiting" is about how I got started trucking.

8/22/2012     Sometimes Following, Means Waiting

5/28/2012     Trucker Logic

6/23/2016     A Tale of Life and Death

9/14/2012     Deadhead? or Not? How to Judge?

4/12/2012    How Not to Go Down a Hill, Vietnam

11/18/2014   Trucking Smarter Not Harder

7/14/2013   Driving on Prayer

4/11/2014   When God Says, "April Fool”

6/7/2015     Coming Full Circle

6/13/2012   Victory Over Stuffitis

7/24/2015   Church of the Eighty Foot Parking Lot

10/15/2015 Are You Who You Think You Are?

 11/7/2011   How Not to Go Down a Hill, Murphy's Law at Work

12/15/2013   Putting Your Hand to the Plow

2/22/2013    Is America Dysfunctional or Reprobate

6/22/2013   Building a Hedge of God's Protection

12/25/2014 A Meal with the Least of These

2/13/2014   A Wanna Be Sky God

7/8/2013      Three Things God Can’t Do

2/6/2012     How I Went From $150,000 to Nothing in a Heartbeat

9/9/2013     A Truckers Perspective

12/7/2013   My Scrooged Birthday

10/18/2013   The Evolution of Trucker Logic

 1/23/2014   Things I Learned the Hard Way

 4/25/2012   America Under A Threat Worse Than 9/11 or Katrina

3/8/2014     Unfinished Business

1/16/2014   When God Answers

12/15/2013 Good News for Christian Truckers

12/15/2013   Putting Your Hand to the Plow

11/13/2013 Agent Orange Tell a Vet

8/27/2013   Leap of Faith

9/12/2013   My Life as a Moonie

3/20/2013      Often Missed Detail in the Bible  http://rictheturtleryan.blogspot.com/2013/03/some-often-missed-bible-details.html

8/24/2013   You Are What the Army Needs You to Be

 8/19/2013   The Road to Emmaus

1/5/2013     Driving with Zero Fossil Fuels

12/26/2013 Whoa God

7/8/2013     It Rains on the Good and the Bad Both

4/19/2011   Why Americas Losing the Industry and Marketing Battle

6/26/2012   All Things Work Together For Good
http://rictheturtleryan.blogspot.com/2012/06/all-things-work-together-for-good.html

     These stories are the core of a book I am writing. Your feedback, both good and bad is appreciated. You can contact me via my e-mail sclaus2u@hotmail.com  If you would like a copy of the list with links sent to you, send me a stamped and self addressed envelope to Ric "The Turtle" Ryan at 12079 E. Lucky Point Road, Wheatland, IN 47597 along with $2.00 which is a about 12 cents per story and I will send it to the address you put on the envelope, you can use the same envelope to send comments on the stories. Any change left over goes to my local food bank or truck stop ministries that support truckers.

If you would be interested in a copy of the book fill in the order form below, so I can contact you when it is done. I am also trying to get some t-shirts done. If you might be interested in those add your size and the color shirt you prefer.

Name _______________________________________

Address _____________________________________

City________________________________________

State________________________________________

Zipcode______________________________________

E-Mail Address ___________________________________

Shirt Size ___________ Color Preference_______________

Phone #  (optional)________________________ 

The picture at the start of the post is the one I am putting on my first T-shirt. When you realize the significance of Gabbatha, which is where Jesus was judged and where we spend our lives, it will have more meaning. It is a good starting point for a conversation. The word is only used one time in the Bible.






No comments:

Post a Comment