Search This Blog

Thursday, December 21, 2017

America Just Got Raped



                  The Great Tax Cut Delusion

    Yesterday I watched as the Republican Congress showed that they truly have no conscience, morals or values as they stood on the steps of the White House and kissed a Pig’s Ears. If you raise the national debt by one and a half trillion dollars over ten years that is not a tax cut in any way, shape or form. At its best, it is a case of slopping the hog trough of the wealthy at taxpayer expense. The true picture of how abominable of a deal it is can be seen in the fact that they failed to pass a health care bill. The results of which will leave over nine million children without health care coverage. Not to preach but to show how that action goes against the principles this nation was founded on and one of the duties given to Congress by the Constitution is to provide for the welfare of America. When I think of welfare it does not include the rich. The following quote shows who it should include and the price that will be paid, it also addresses the issue of immigrants.
   
        Exodus 21Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. 22Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child. 23If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry; 24And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

    There will be a price paid for their actions. The Great Depression happened after the stock market rose to great heights and the rich had almost ninety percent of the country’s wealth.  America is at that point again if not higher. The stock market back then lost eighty-nine percent of its value. Today’s market would have to drop to 2,450 points if it lost the same amount.

    When the Great Depression started it was banks and big business that went bankrupt. The government at the time had very little debt and was still unable to fix the problem. That will not be the case when it collapses this time. This time will make the Great Depression look like a cake walk.

     Will it happen? America has had several depressions and from my perspective history does repeat itself. My grandfather served in World War I in France in 1917 to 1918, fifty years later I served in Vietnam from 1967 to 1968, today my grandson is in the Army and it is fifty years later. My grandfather was disabled for life from Mustard Gas. I am presently on disability for Agent Orange from Vietnam. I hope and pray my grandson does not or is not exposed to anything during his time in service. The fact that Syria, Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries have already used chemical agents gives me reason to wonder.

      The Constitution gives Congress three duties.  1. They are to levy taxes and pay the bills of the United States. 2. They are to provide for the security of the United States.  3. They are also supposed to provide for the Welfare and infrastructure of the United States. While it is not stated I believe the Founding Fathers expected the Congress to keep a balanced budget also, but nowhere does it state they are to lavish wealth and benefits on the wealthy.

     I had always been proud to call myself a Republican, but during the last five elections I have voted Libertarian, even though I do not agree with their platform.
So after much consideration it is time to create another party that reflects my views.  It may not be a formal party but I have three years to figure out how to make it one.

      The recent Alabama election showed me that write in votes can make a difference. Had the 2% that used the write in on their ballots voted on party lines Moore would have won the election.

    When I look at the last part of that Biblical Quote and realize what kind of mad man is in the White House the reality that it could come to pass is scary. When I was in the military there was a code of conduct that required certain standards of conduct, especially of Officers and they could be relieved of duty for conduct unbecoming of an officer. Our President has crossed that line repeatedly in his short time in office and should be removed for cause.

   With all the scandal and people being removed from office for offenses less than those confessed to and professed by our President, maybe it is time to create a male equivalent of the Me/too movement and make Him/too movement and show that no one is above the law. Not even the President of the United States.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment