Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Que SeraSera, Beating Type II Diabetes, It Can Be Done




Que Sera Sera, Beating Type II Diabetes, V

Fighting Diabetes is an uphill battle and very hard to win, but that being said, it can be done. I know because I am doing it and have a few tips that can make the whole thing a whole lot easier. Finding good and workable ways to beat Diabetes is a challenge. Even many of the doctors are willing to just write their diabetic patients off. Often their view is that the diabetic diseases and the damage they cause are inevitable. Let me tell you they are not, but victory does not just happen. It requires hard work, dedication, self control and self discipline. Having the will to change bad habits into good habits and knowing the difference.

At seventy-three I have seen a lot of my friends over the years lose the battle. Diabetes is a vicious and nasty disease and kills its victims often one piece at a time. A foot, a leg, eyes, kidneys, and many more pieces of your body. Many of the things happen so slowly many victims do not even realize they have a problem. One of the biggest killers is obesity. It is not being fat that causes the problem, there are many skinny diabetics also. The problem starts when your body slowly becomes insulin resistant. Slowly, often as people get older, but it can happen to young people to.To much sugar in your system and your bodies inability to properly dispose of it starts a very slow rotting process. There are many documentaries on YouTube that swear that their cancer was beaten and put into remission by strictly removing any and all kinds of sugar from their diet.

If your trying to get off of insulin or prevent getting on it, carbs are your worst enemy. From my experience if you eat carbs your test results will slowly start to go up. My way of dealing with it is that I do intermittent fasting. I only eat twice a day. Usually 11AM and 5PM. I can snack between 11 and 5 if my numbers are right, which for me is below 100. If my numbers are to high I fast till the next meal time and then I am careful what I eat. I test before I eat and two hours after I eat. If my two hour reading is over one hundred twenty it is fast time again. Do this long enough and the numbers will come down.

I have a diet of bacon and eggs, maybe with refried beans in a tortilla. I sometimes add cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms and a slice of onion for taste and flavor. Supper is usually veggies with protein, like chicken or fish, and maybe a salad. Most of my veggies are steamed and then fried with the protein in a skillet, usually with some mushrooms, onions and bacon grease added for taste. I always cook with real butter, lard or bacon grease. If you question my choices you need to watch the YouTube video, “Butter makes your pants fall off.” You might laugh but his before and after pictures and his testimony says it works. The only oil I use is Olive oil and it is only on certain items.

The real key to breaking the yoyo diet and weight problem is learning to use the glycemic index. There is a link t it in one of my earlier post. I have a book called, Glycemic Load Diet Cookbook. It is by Rob Thompson and Dana Carpender. I got my copy from Amazon and it is really handyand a valuable tool, because it tells you the glycemic load of lots of the more popular foods. The glycemic load indicates what impact a food will have on your blood sugar. Pork, eggs, butter, chicken, lettuce, cabbage, beef, chicken, cheese and broccoli have 0 impact, yes that is a zero. Those foods will not make you fat. At the other end of the scale is pancakes with a load of 346, a bagel at 340, spaghetti at 278 and baked potatos at 246. A slice of white bread comes in at 260, the alternative and my choice is a corn tortilla at 120 or a wheat tortilla at just 80 points. One of my favorites is refried pinto beans at 57 points. Learning to use the chart and pick the healthier but tasty foods makes a big difference.

So much for my diet, I don’t believe you have to sacrifice taste and fullness to lose weight. However you do need to learn what the foods you are eating do to your body. I have been using six blood meters a day for about two weeks now. I plan to share my early findings in my next blog post. My goal is to do it till I have thirty days worth of results.

My first eight days definitely have shown me that the time spent studying is worth my time. My goal is it to take on the health care system and prove it is all about dollars and cents to them and that they could care less about helping us stay healthy. If we are healthy they do not get any money, and that is all they are in it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment