Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Depression or Recession, May Be Time to Start Looking Up




Depression or Recession, May Be Time to Start Looking Up

After my Bible reading this morning the best thing I can say is you may want to start looking up. So much has happened in my life in the last forty-eight hours it is hard to sort it all out. Where does one start. There are about a dozen things I would like to share. First of all it is not all about me. I started this blog in March of 2011. My goal was and is to share my life experiences and knowledge that might help others. Especially those things that will keep people from learning things the hard way like I did. Unfortunately I write mostly in the first person and it sounds like it is about me, but that is not my intention.

About a year and a half a go I got hooked on Koi fish and watched tons of videos on the subject on YouTube. Around Labor Day last year my studies took me on a two week trip thru North Carolina visiting Koi Farms and Bamboo Farms. It ended with spending Labor Day weekend at the Atlanta Koi Show. That was an awesome experience and I plan to write a post about it, but I keep getting sidetracked.

When I left the Koi Show my goal was, and is to build my own Koi pond. In the course of studying it came to my attention that a company named Aquascape out of St. Charles, Illinois offered two day hands on training courses on the subject. In pursuit of my goal I signed up to attend their classes on the 16th and 17th of March. All went well till last Friday when I was notified that the classes were canceled because of the Corona Virus. That did not stop me from attending their facility and acquiring the materials to build my own pond. I had planned to stay for two days but their coordinator canceled the hotel reservations for people coming to the classes. When I went to check in I found my classes room had been canceled also, even though I had made my own reservations. So rather than stay in the area I put it in the wind and headed home and got here about 1:30 AM Tuesday.

My Bible study this morning made me wonder if my wandering may have had a purpose. I started at Revelation 9:15 and it made me wonder if the Corona Virus might end up causing what is spoken of in that verse and thru to chapter 11. That made me go to Matthew 23 and 24 where Jesus explains the things that are going to happen in the end time. In Matthew 24:15 he mentions the prophet Daniel and that made me remember Daniel 12:4 which tells a prophecy that will be a sign of the end times. It has come to pass in this day and age.

While Israel was not a nation for over two thousand years, Jesus, Revelation and Daniel all give revelations that say Israel had to exist for the prophecies to come true and it has come to pass. If you read my post “A Tale of Life and Death” written in June of 2016 which gives my testimony and is divided into three sections. The last is about an experience I had clear back in January 1967 which has been an ever present experience for me. https://rictheturtleryan.blogspot.com/2016/06/a-tale-of-life-and-death-my-last-post.html Based on that experience I have always felt I would be here for the end of time, which is the Rapture of the Church. As I died technically twice in January of 2004 I thought maybe I was wrong. When I wrote that post in 2016 I was going thru several serious health crisis which made me wonder if my vision would really come to pass. Now the Corona Virus has made me wonder again if I had missed something.

My reading this morning made me realize that the end may not be far away. I have written a lot of post dealing with Biblical Prophecy. Not that I know that much but I have read a lot and can plainly see that the Lord is still working in the world today.

Yesterday at Walmart I had an experience that made me realize how bad this situation is. I saw a lady who was holding her cart and looked totally confused and like she was ready to cry. I asked her if she was okay. She had just lost her job at Ponderosa and did not know how she was going to survive. She had just moved into government housing a little over a month ago. Her first rent payment was due and she did not have the money. She was filling her cart and said she did not know why she was shopping. I told her I had seen a lot of that and that many of the people who were hoarding stuff they did not really need. I told her that a few weeks down the road what they would really need is the money they blew on that stuff. She sort of smiled, and said I was right and picked up a couple things in her cart. She said she didn’t even know why she put them in her cart. She said her landlord went and took a picture of the sign on the front door of Ponderosa and that was all the proof he needed to forgive her rent.

She sort of smiled, and I told her God had her back and was already taking care of her needs. That he would guide her through it. We parted later after finding we knew a lot of the same people. Our paths had crossed several times about thirty years ago when I was trucking. It gave us both a bit of peace in the matter.

Then I came home and started watching TV and listening to all the things the government was supposedly going to do. Spending tons of money they did not have. With no end in sight and the disease still growing I realized the Bible saying that a fool and his money are soon parted had special meaning in this situation. Knowing that is the case, I went to bed knowing the future is not mine to see, but all prophecy will be fulfilled in due time.

So the whole thing is not about knowing what the market is going to do, or how bad the virus will get, but knowing that God has your back. He does if you truly believe in him. At 73 I am a prime target for this thing. So I plan to spend a lot of time in my greenhouse and taking care of my aquariums. I will let others bring me the stuff I need from town, it is time to become a hermit.

No comments:

Post a Comment