Search This Blog

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Fixing the Economy, T-Rump and the Republi-can'ts Absurd and Insanely Weak Argument

     T-Rump and the Republi-can'ts Absurd and Insanely Weak Reasoning on refusing to spend more than a trillion dollars to fix the ecomomy. With a Federal Debt of over 24 Trillion dollars, does anyone think they have any clue of how to fix the problem. In the last 11 1/2 years they have done nothing but fight to undo anything that has been done. They have not fixed the immigration problem, the healthcare problem the infrastructure problem, just to name a few things.

     Their last great magic act was to increase the national debt by 5 1/2  trillion dollars to give tax breaks to the wealthy and big business. How can a bill that increases the national debt by that much be considered a tax cut.  It is totally absurd.

     I don't know who created the magic number of $600 in unemployment compensation, but I did figure out how they arrived at that number. Six hundred divided by forty hours equals $15 an hour. A minimum wage that does not in reality exist. I personally see it as an attempt to buy votes in the coming election.

    They do not need to increase temporary benefits that they can not sustain.  They need to create a job program tied to repairing the infrastructure that will create jobs and revenue in the form of taxes on the wages earned from it. The links I give later share several ways to solve the problems facing America.

     With forty million Americans unemployed, that is forty million non taxpaying workers that are going to need to eat. They better start building soup kitchens and figure how they are going to feed all the hungry unemployed. By election time if something is not done, America may find itself in the middle of a revolution. T-Rumps actions are stirring the discontent.  

    I spent all my electives and free time in college studying the Great Depression and what caused it. All my life growing up I listened to stories from my parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles telling me of the hardships of the Great Depression. My goal in studying the Great Depression was to understand what actually made it happen. My conclusion was that it was a lot of misplaced and misguided decisions that were often too little, and too late.

    The enclosed link takes you to my party platform with solutions on how to fix our broken two party system. It gives possible and workable solutions.

https://rictheturtleryan.blogspot.com/2018/01/how-to-fix-america.html

      The solutions in this post could fix some of the problems facing America. One of them is already being used because of the situation with COVID. Home schooling may be a long term solution, it was offered as an idea almost nine years ago. As we head into the abyss of a 2nd Great Depression these solutions while hard, may be the only alternative.  The first Depression was caused when Hoover refused to acknowledge there was a problem, until it was to late. He was a Republi-can't and T-Rump is following in his footsteps. The sadest part of writing this for me is that I have always been a lifelong Republican. The last main stream candidate I voted for was Ronald Reagan in his first term, every since then I have actually voted independent, because I could not live with either of the party choices for President.

 https://rictheturtleryan.blogspot.com/2011/04/national-debt-what-ifs-and-seven.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment